Thursday, March 13, 2008

Goals

Tim and I have just shook on a verbal agreement that we are losing weight this summer. Some of you who know Tim would think he doesn't need to lose anything. Well, we have both piled on more than we are used to and just want to start over. I am not going to let Alayna grow up in a household where she sees her parents becoming lazier and fatter as the years go by and then wonders why we harp on her to eat right. So with that being said:

Erin's goal - 20 lbs

Tim's goal - 5-10 lbs (more about toning and strengthening his heart)

We are not going to stop eating meat (we are way too stubborn at this point to do so..) but we are going to incorporate a lot of vegetarian and vegan foods into our daily lives. Tim eats anything I make for dinner, so this should be easy enough. :) I'm going to keep a food journal to help myself gauge my progress.

If anyone wants to come walking with me this spring and summer, let me know!

3 comments:

Susan K said...

*raises hand* Me! Me! Believe it or not, I've recommitted to weight loss this week as well. I'm at 155 right now; my first goal is 145, then 5-10 more pounds after that would be great. (140 is the upper limit of "healthy" for my height, but I know that I am very dense and cannot maintain below 140 at this stage in life.) I'm reincorporating Weight Watchers back into my life, which is all about portion control and picking healthful foods, and of course, exercise! I'd be happy to be your weight loss buddy and we could be accountable to each other. (I know Tim is going to lose weight, and Erich is as well, but it is sooooo different and more difficult for women.) Good luck!

EG said...

Let's do it! I already started today by walking a mile around Waubonsie Lake (my usual haunt during the warmer months). I can't seem to jog or else I start feeling sick, but I can walk in long, fast strides. I'm looking forward to having you as my weight loss buddy. :) You and I are built very similarly so I think we will probably be seeing the same results, which is very helpful.

The boys can help each other, it's hard to watch them shed it much faster than us. Guys are just like that for some reason.

ConniptionDietitian said...

If you guys come over during the day in the summer, there are miles and miles of walking path along the lake, in case you are looking for a change in scenery :)