Thursday, March 20, 2008

No subject for me today, thanks.

I got an email from Susan a few nights ago telling me about this new show on TLC called "I Can Make You Thin" with Paul McKenna. I've yet to see it for myself but it sounds like something that just may work. I met my mom the next day for our bi weekly walk together and just as I went to open my mouth to tell her about it, she asked if I had heard of this new show. Obviously, it is making an impact on people who are normally skeptical of such promises. The thought of actually losing weight for most people is as far fetched as telling a white guy, "I Can Make You Black!"

Here are some snippets from the email (Thanks, Susan!) Some pretty simple common sense, don't you think?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. When you're hungry--eat! Depriving yourself only slows your metabolism, i.e. your body goes into major fat storage mode. When you do eventually binge, more of the food becomes fat.
2. Eat what you like. Not what you think you should. You should like everything you eat, which flows into the next rule:
3. Eat consciously. Savor every bite and put the knife and fork down in between each bite. Don't eat in front of the tv, while reading, etc. This will help your stomach tell your brain when it's full.
4. When you're full--stop! If you follow number 3, it should be pretty easy to tell when you're full. But if it isn't, guess. And if you're hungry again in 10 minutes--eat! And around we go again.

No comments: